Batman: Arkham Knight

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 4 Mar 2014, 17:18

Previous topic - Next topic
Decided to go and watch walkthrough videos because heaven knows how long it'll be till I buy a PS4 haha!

Erm Im not too sure what to say about it, obviously no spoilers, but personally I didn't think it was as good as the last three, especially not as good as City.  I felt like the character of Batman was different from the one we saw in the last three games; he's way too stubborn to the point I started getting pissed at him and it didn't make sense why he'd go alone at points.

I felt the story was very convoluted and was a little TOO big and out there, not to mention I found characters would almost be forgotten about for large chunks of time then randomly pop up again and you yourself totally forget they even existed in the game.

My last gripe is with the batmobile, I saw a review which put it perfectly: its fun initially to wade through the city in the batmobile, but after a while it gets repetitive and you'd much rather do it by air (glide), and it'd be quicker to do this too, so they spend so much of the game trying to justify having the car in it.
The tank spots were SO boring and seemed to go on for ages!

But what I did like was the visuals, and the inclusion of so many characters, not just the story but side missions too.  And yeah, likes been said, the endings are really cool.

I'd like to see more Arkham games, maybe set them in the past like Origins, but tbh I dont think they'll ever beat City, that game I think is gonna live on as THE Batman game for a long time

I just picked it up, I'll do my reviews on the go as I play. I know some of you whom are ahead of me will roll your eyes because you know what's to come but when I finish a game I rarely remember the beginning.

So far so good, having visuals on Oracle and Lucious Fox is cool although the bat suit, batmobile and bat wing all look Nolanized to me, and not in a good way. The bat wing looks more like a hovering drone in TDKR than an airplane (even Arkham Origins got it better), the batmobile also looks more like a tank than a car and of course the suit looks all bulky.

I haven't fought any villains yet, the only actual villains shown are the Joker and Ivy. Driving the batmobile is reasonably enjoyable but I can see it getting redundant. Thank god for the remote function so I don't have to worry where I parked it.

Quote from: riddler on Tue,  7 Jul  2015, 08:55
Thank god for the remote function so I don't have to worry where I parked it.

I would totally be screwed.

Well actually I'd be ok. It's Gotham that would be screwed lol. "Is it here? No. Is it here? No. What's that screaming? Hmmm, oh here it is!....no. Eek, are those gunshots? Dude! Where's my car?! Hmm...ooooo mushroom cloud prettyyyyy..."

I see what you guys mean by the batmobile complaints. The level where you have to guide Gordon to the click tower is annoying especially with only one weapon available during pursuit mode

Playing as Gordon was cool even for a short bit. Is this the first non-lego game he's playable?
The clocktower level was very enjoyable!

Brace yourselves everybody - this is legitimate!  :)

Warner Bros. Interactive has announced that the first chunk of story-driven content for Batman: Arkham Knight is now available for Season Pass owners, with Barbara Gordon's Batgirl stepping into the spotlight to rescue her father, Commissioner Jim Gordon, from the clutches of the Joker.

A story set prior to the events of Arkham Asylum, A Matter of Family sees Batgirl teaming up with Robin to take on Joker and Harley Quinn, utilising hacking abilities to take down enemies, manipulate the environment and solve puzzles. The DLC will be available separately next week on 21st July for non-Season Pass holders, priced $6.99/£5.79.

Next up, will be a new selection of skin packs for Season Pass holders in August, with the '1989 Movie Batmobile Pack' adding a new Batman skin as originally portrayed by Michael Keaton in the Tim Burton flick, alongside the iconic movie Batmobile. Two tracks inspired by 1992's Batman Returns will also be included.

Then there's the 'Bat-Family Skins Pack', also coming in August with six character skins cherry-picked from alternate timelines. It includes 1990s Catwoman as seen in The Long Halloween, One Year Later Robin, Arkham Origins Batman, Iconic Grey & Black Batman, 1970s Batman and the Original Arkham Nightwing.

Source: http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-21653-Batman--Arkham-Knight--A-Matter-of-Family--Batgirl-DLC-Out-Now--August-Skin-Packs-Revealed.html
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Great news. Good they've given a spread of the Burtonverse with the suit from B89 and landscapes from BR.

I must say I'm enjoying these tag team fights with Catwoman and Nightwing. I also like how they tied the riddler and his trophies into the plot more.

I can't wait for the 89 upgrade though.

I want a "Forever" pack to be released for it.
Ohhhh, that looks like fun! Lemme try! *Lemme try!* Ball up the fist, reach way back, and assert your... OW!!

Quote from: galenj01 on Thu, 16 Jul  2015, 08:07
I want a "Forever" pack to be released for it.
I think other movies will get the Burtonverse treatment we've seen recently.

I wonder how much of this game is incorporating the abandoned Batman Triumphant script?

Scarecrow gas causing Batman to halleucinate that the Joker is still alive. Also blaming himself for the tragedy of Barbara Gordon.