Batman: Arkham Knight

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 4 Mar 2014, 17:18

Previous topic - Next topic
I think he looks a bit like Frank Miller lol

So many new images dropped last night
Updated the gallery earlier

http://www.batman-online.com/gallery/Video-Games/Batman-Arkham-Knight_2014

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu,  6 Mar  2014, 02:10
It wouldn't surprise me if he makes a cameo appearance during Scarecrow's hallucination poisoning.
I'd like that. If there are more WB Montreal prequels, The Joker can live in those.
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu,  6 Mar  2014, 02:10
I'm looking at the screenshots of the game right now. Although it looks like it will be the best game visually in terms of detail, some characters like Gordon, Riddler and Penguin don't resemble what they looked like in Arkham City. Actually, Gordon looks like his younger self from Arkham Origins.
Gordon definitely looks younger and the others look a tad different. The game itself even has a different 'feel' just based on the screenshots, with the new suit and batmobile now in the mix. But that's fine. Let next gen consoles do their thing.

I'm hoping they have a rain mechanic in Knight.

Fri, 7 Mar 2014, 16:18 #12 Last Edit: Fri, 7 Mar 2014, 16:21 by Gotham Knight
I'm an easy mark for Rocksteady's Bat, so naturally I'm flattened. Oddly, though, I found myself wising Harris Yulin had read Thomas Wayne words. Not that the narrator was bad, not at all. Just an odd thought I had for some reason.

I will say that, despite the 'amored' bat look, and the leap in graphic capability, he still looks like the 'arkham' Batman I've come to love. The disconnect from that was something that nagged me about Origins 'armored' Bat a bit. But, yes, I agree with all above, there is a great lack in resemblance that further sells the 'next gen' capabilities. Pretty exciting.  Also pleased to see that they aren't holding back with basic roster information until the bitter end.

Just wanted to drop in a say for the record, before anyone else lays the first public claim. I think the Arkham Knight is Quincy Sharp, or some variation of Amadeus Arkham(Sharp believes himself his reincarnation, sent forth to purge the criminal element.) I figure with the Arkham branding, it's possible.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Wed, 12 Mar  2014, 20:52
Just wanted to drop in a say for the record, before anyone else lays the first public claim. I think the Arkham Knight is Quincy Sharp, or some variation of Amadeus Arkham(Sharp believes himself his reincarnation, sent forth to purge the criminal element.) I figure with the Arkham branding, it's possible.
The spirit of Arkham thing did cross my mind. He is an an original character, as Rocksteady claim the Knight will be. Though it would remain to be seen how Quincy becomes this kung-fu badass.

Anyway, Gotham Knight has first dibs

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 12 Mar  2014, 23:49
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Wed, 12 Mar  2014, 20:52
The spirit of Arkham thing did cross my mind. He is an an original character, as Rocksteady claim the Knight will be. Though it would remain to be seen how Quincy becomes this kung-fu badass.

Anyway, Gotham Knight has first dibs

Haha, indeed. The one deterrent I had was that he seemed rather oafish (in spirit) previously, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sharp is somehow how connected, if not the Knight himself. Maybe a benefactor of some sort. He seems so fanatical. And final entries in a trilogy do often try to come full circle. I'm sure, from what Rocksteady has said, that it won't be the reanimated corpse of Hugo Strange or Joker. They seem bound and determined to avoid Batman's dreaded 'the Curse of Three.' I guess we'll see.

I found more screenshots!

Judging by that thing on Penguin's neck, he is now using an electrolarynx because of his constant smoking. He looks worse than ever.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 13 Mar  2014, 14:21
[I wouldn't be surprised if Sharp is somehow how connected, if not the Knight himself. Maybe a benefactor of some sort. He seems so fanatical. And final entries in a trilogy do often try to come full circle.
True. Sharp was mind controlled by Strange in AC, so anything is possible.

And Penguin had that neck thingy during AC as well. Not a new addition.

I just found new screenshots, including a closer look at the Arkham Knight!

Source: http://www.nerdist.com/2014/03/rocksteady-reveals-new-original-character-and-more-details-from-batman-arkham-knight/
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Apparently there are rumours that Damian Wayne might make an appearance in the game.

Source: http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/10252/20140403/bruce-waynes-son-damian-to-appear-in-batman-arkham-knight-best-buy-says-so-rumor.htm