Omni Music Publishing Releases Danny Elfman's Batman In Full Score!!!!!

Started by THE BAT-MAN, Sat, 15 Feb 2014, 03:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: THE BAT-MAN on Tue, 15 Jul  2014, 00:39
Quote from: CarterOfMars on Mon, 14 Jul  2014, 23:58
I also read speculation in this thread that perhaps "Joker's Muzak" is the hidden easter egg on disc 2 at the end. No, that's the celeste isolated from "Beddy Bye".

Neil

Thanks for clearing that up.  The reason I had thought that the hidden easter egg on disc 2 at the end was possiblly "Joker's Muzak" was because the use of the choir in the backround starting at the 6:02 mark was humming a humorous version of Beautiful Dreamer.  Which to me is very Jokeresque.  Although the celeste instrument that is islolated from "Beddy Bye" doesn't appear until much later on at the 6:54 mark.

I'm not sure where you're getting those times from. The cue doesn't run that long. The first part is vocally slated 7m1/2 which is "Photos/Beautiful Dreamer". They did a pick up ending for that cue (we present both on the album) and then we end the album with the celeste from "Beddy Bye" (5m3).

Neil

I'm sorry Neil, I was trying to modify my previous post as shown here again.
Quote from: THE BAT-MAN on Tue, 15 Jul  2014, 00:39
Quote from: CarterOfMars on Mon, 14 Jul  2014, 23:58
I also read speculation in this thread that perhaps "Joker's Muzak" is the hidden easter egg on disc 2 at the end. No, that's the celeste isolated from "Beddy Bye".

Neil

Thanks for clearing that up.  The reason I had thought that the hidden easter egg on disc 2 near the end was possiblly "Joker's Muzak" was because the use of the choir in the backround starting at the 6:02 mark was humming a humorous version of Photos/Beautiful Dreamer.  The choir itself sounds like they had been affected by Joker's laughing gas.  Because this version of the score had never before been heard I thought it would make a for good reason to call it Joker's Muzak as it sounds very Jokeresque.  Although the celeste instrument that is islolated from "Beddy Bye" doesn't appear until much later on at the 6:54 mark.  Anyway, Thank you again for sharing Neil.

http://youtu.be/qtJO-bJyW6A

A very interesting feature. And good job on the editing.

I can't decide if I prefer the scene with or without the music.  :-\

It works as a transition piece between the two locations, from .37 to .46 - but I don't think it works during the dialogue.

I think you're right. It's a beautiful piece of music, and as you say, it helps facilitate the scene transition. But the dialogue in the apartment scene has a naturalistic, overlapping rhythm to it. The gentle, romantic tempo of the music doesn't really match that.

The scene does not require music. The music makes it feel soap-operish, and the Bruce/Vicki relationship was not of those proportions. This wasn't an epic lovesick puppy thing. It was a woman interested in a mysterious outsider. Bruce bangs this woman as a result and then discards her to the side as his war and parents takes precedence. He's made to feel guilty for his behaviour by Alfred. He briefly entertains the idea of a proper relationship but I'd argue his heart was never truly really sincere. The presence of music makes it something it's not.