Batman 66 TV series getting home release this year

Started by Catwoman, Wed, 15 Jan 2014, 23:52

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm guessing they would include the movie in the collection as well?

As we know, it received Blu-ray treatment and looks amazing.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Batman-The-Movie-Blu-ray/789/

Having just recieved the Hot Toys Keaton Batmobile this Christmas morning for a whopping 600 smackers (translation of which is in British pounds guys) charging 200 for a mere dvd (and one that's been hotly demanded for decades) is insane and utterly greed laden. Let's be sensible here Warners.

It may include Adam West and Burt Ward's screen tests against two other actors who were up for the job. I saw this on a Bio channel documentary about the making of the series. If anybody thinks Adam West was the wrong choice to play Batman kindly go and watch this audition comparison. He floors the other guy as does Ward.

Although the Batman movie Blu Ray had a nice title menu I much prefer it's original dvd release version which has crazy comic book colours and sound effects balloons adorning each menu. It'd be nice to do something like those again for this release.

I would like to know how they finally sorted out all these rights problems to get this thing out at last.

Does anybody here remember a documentary made back in the nineties called "Batmania From Comics to Screen", made it appears by a group of fans. It has shoddy footage and music but it tells the story of the Batman tv show quite brilliantly, the cultural impact of the comics and merchandise and even includes the Batmania hype of 1989. I've looked EVERYWHERE on the net but nobody seems to remember it. I have the old VHS. It would make a nice extra. But it appears to have numerous different versions with alternate footage and narration. There is a very funny 1980's convention appearance by Adam West in full Bat costume "I'll just stand here for a few moments and let you admire my INCREDIBLE crime fighting physique!" lol

Great news about the DVDs. I wonder if the arrangement between WB and Fox was precipitated by the latter securing the rights to produce the new Gotham series.

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Fri, 17 Jan  2014, 20:56It may include Adam West and Burt Ward's screen tests against two other actors who were up for the job. I saw this on a Bio channel documentary about the making of the series. If anybody thinks Adam West was the wrong choice to play Batman kindly go and watch this audition comparison. He floors the other guy as does Ward.

Those screen tests are great. They offer a snapshot of what the show might have been like had it adopted a more serious tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk0LkkpRL0o

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Fri, 17 Jan  2014, 20:56Does anybody here remember a documentary made back in the nineties called "Batmania From Comics to Screen", made it appears by a group of fans. It has shoddy footage and music but it tells the story of the Batman tv show quite brilliantly, the cultural impact of the comics and merchandise and even includes the Batmania hype of 1989. I've looked EVERYWHERE on the net but nobody seems to remember it. I have the old VHS. It would make a nice extra.

Are you thinking of the 1989 documentary Holy Batmania?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289716/reference

If so, that would definitely make a great DVD extra.

I'm hoping every single thing is included on the set. For me the 60s show, Burton and BTAS are where its at. As far as I am concerned, they're all lightning in a bottle. Which believe me, is very hard to capture.

Sooo ... the Adam West Batman tv show FINALLY gets official DVD release?!?!

Oh yes. Picking this up THE very FIRST day of release. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. None whatsoever.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Though I know for a fact the first season is the best (and that the other two are sometimes cringeworthy), I still HAVE to own the whole thing. Most of the 2nd/3rd season episodes I haven't seen since I was a kid, and besides, it's MORE live-action Batman!!
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Sat, 26 Jul  2014, 06:01
Though I know for a fact the first season is the best (and that the other two are sometimes cringeworthy), I still HAVE to own the whole thing. Most of the 2nd/3rd season episodes I haven't seen since I was a kid, and besides, it's MORE live-action Batman!!
Yep. There's no way I'm passing up the whole series.