Batman acknowledges killing Ra's al Ghul.

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sun, 12 Jan 2014, 03:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu,  3 Nov  2016, 09:32
BvS made it painstakingly clear that Batman's methods had changed due to his sense of apathy and lost sense of control. But the facts don't matter for the anti BvS buffoons. May they suffer the same fate as BR's strongman.

What's more pitiful to me is had Zack Snyder (or anyone else for that matter) directed TDKT and then said in an interview "Batman says he has one rule, but he winds up breaking it anyway" like Jonathan Nolan did, people would've tore him apart for having no regard for storytelling. The haters would say "OMG, Hack Snyder made a mistake and didn't bother to fix it, he clearly thinks the audience are idiots!" and "What was the point if the rule didn't really matter to Batman? Why didn't he kill the Joker then? WTF is wrong with you Snyder? Why did you waste two hours saying Batman won't kill but he actually does anyway? f*** you, Hack!". And they would've been justified in doing so.

But because the film is directed by Christopher Nolan, it's not a big deal. At worst, these people will desperately make up lame excuses instead. Yet, these very same people dismissively suggest the producers are "trying to correct the mistakes in BvS" by promising to explore Batman's actions in Justice League. Disgraceful.

As you once said, you can never underestimate anyone who is willing to like or dislike something. It's scary.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Thu, 1 Dec 2016, 05:55 #51 Last Edit: Thu, 1 Dec 2016, 05:57 by The Dark Knight
Double standards are at play.

I don't like saying it, but I'm going to say it again. The haters of Snyder and BvS simply don't care about the contradictions of their argument. It's pure competitive juice running through their veins. They don't want the replacement of Nolan to succeed, or be as loved. It's sour grapes. Much like how you wish an old company goes down the drain if you leave on bad terms. But that's okay. I'll be here fighting the good fight.

Oh, and #dumpkelloggs

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu,  1 Dec  2016, 02:44What's more pitiful to me is had Zack Snyder (or anyone else for that matter) directed TDKT and then said in an interview "Batman says he has one rule, but he winds up breaking it anyway" like Jonathan Nolan did, people would've tore him apart for having no regard for storytelling. The haters would say "OMG, Hack Snyder made a mistake and didn't bother to fix it, he clearly thinks the audience are idiots!" and "What was the point if the rule didn't really matter to Batman? Why didn't he kill the Joker then? WTF is wrong with you Snyder? Why did you waste two hours saying Batman won't kill but he actually does anyway? f*** you, Hack!". And they would've been justified in doing so.
I doubt it and no they wouldn't. Because having a rule doesn't mean it won't get broken. The rule does matter. The point is that personal issue of whether he can keep to it at all times. But that doesn't negate it. The context is key to how it's broken. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu,  3 Nov  2016, 09:32Generally speaking, there is no left or right anymore. There's simply THE CORRECT WAY OF THINKING. And I don't care if you're homeless and sleeping under a bridge, or an esteemed and long respected comic writer living in a plush penthouse. If your opinion is stupid, I'll say so. No one is off limits. Batman is not the Punisher, but lives are still lost in his crusade. BvS made it painstakingly clear that Batman's methods had changed due to his sense of apathy and lost sense of control. But the facts don't matter for the anti BvS buffoons. May they suffer the same fate as BR's strongman.
Of course he's not Punisher, seemingly. The Punisher, as far as I know, has never tried to murder a for all intents and purposes innocent man. I don't see how the "why" of him killing people with no regard and trying to murder a for all intents and purposes innocent man in cold blood should matter to them. He still did it and the movie doesn't care that he did.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu,  1 Dec  2016, 05:55
Double standards are at play.

I don't like saying it, but I'm going to say it again. The haters of Snyder and BvS simply don't care about the contradictions of their argument. It's pure competitive juice running through their veins. They don't want the replacement of Nolan to succeed, or be as loved. It's sour grapes.

If people simply prefer Nolan's films for entertainment value and don't hold them up to a grandiose standard of excellence, fine. So be it. It's not an opinion I share, but it's a lot more reasonable than calling them "cerebral", "masterpieces" or even "great".

But once again, they're kidding themselves if they keep holding this Batman on a high moral pedestal. Just because he says "I have one rule" and "I'm no executioner", it doesn't absolve him from any responsibility for the deaths he causes. Actions speak louder than words. Which is something some people have seemed to have forgotten, or never understood to begin with.

Of course, this is made even more messy when Batman justifies his decision to kill Ra's al Ghul, which makes his actions even more confusing and meaningless. But my point stands.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

"I'm no executioner, therefore, I shall kill you all!!!!"

Mon, 8 May 2017, 00:00 #56 Last Edit: Mon, 8 May 2017, 04:32 by thecolorsblend
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun,  7 May  2017, 13:44If people simply prefer Nolan's films for entertainment value and don't hold them up to a grandiose standard of excellence, fine. So be it. It's not an opinion I share, but it's a lot more reasonable than calling them "cerebral", "masterpieces" or even "great".

But once again, they're kidding themselves if they keep holding this Batman on a high moral pedestal. Just because he says "I have one rule" and "I'm no executioner", it doesn't absolve him from any responsibility for the deaths he causes. Actions speak louder than words. Which is something some people have seemed to have forgotten, or never understood to begin with.

Of course, this is made even more messy when Batman justifies his decision to kill Ra's al Ghul, which makes his actions even more confusing and meaningless. But my point stands.
I've come around a small amount on the Nolanverse. That's partly because it's over now, as I've said.

But you hit upon a legitimate flaw of the trilogy. And honestly, it's so obviously ripe for character development. Had Batman said to Blake at some point during TDKRises something like "I didn't kill those cops. I never kill. Or I try to never kill anyway. But truth is there's no way around it sometimes. I'm not proud of it but" blah blah blah, so on and so forth.

For a guy who's basically ready to die, Bruce is alarmingly dishonest with himself through a fair bit of TDKRises. One moment of sober, honest introspection on his part would've gone a long way for me.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun,  7 May  2017, 13:44But once again, they're kidding themselves if they keep holding this Batman on a high moral pedestal. Just because he says "I have one rule" and "I'm no executioner", it doesn't absolve him from any responsibility for the deaths he causes. Actions speak louder than words. Which is something some people have seemed to have forgotten, or never understood to begin with.

Quote from: Travesty on Sun,  7 May  2017, 16:48"I'm no executioner, therefore, I shall kill you all!!!!"
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon,  8 May  2017, 00:00But you hit upon a legitimate flaw of the trilogy. And honestly, it's so obviously ripe for character development. Had Batman said to Blake at some point during TDKRises something like "I didn't kill Dent. I never kill. Or I try to never kill anyway. But truth is there's no way around it sometimes. I'm not proud of it but" blah blah blah, so on and so forth.

For a guy who's basically ready to die, Bruce is alarmingly dishonest with himself through a fair bit of TDKRises. One moment of sober, honest introspection on his part would've gone a long way for me.
ex·e·cu·tion
ˌeksəˈkyo͞oSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: execution
the carrying out of a sentence of death on a condemned person.

kill1
kil/
verb
cause the death of (a person, animal, or other living thing).

They aren't the same thing. Bruce never said he'd never kill. He said that he won't become an executioner. And Bruce didn't execute Ra's. Ra's stabbed the train console and was apart of getting himself killed. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Here's two more definitions to add to your pile.

Incompetent: not competent; lacking qualification or ability; incapable.
Dumb: lacking intelligence or good judgment; stupid; dull-witted.

Baleman was a joke. In his apparent effort not to kill anybody he killed plenty of people.
Batfleck intends to kill and he does. Baleman doesn't intend to kill and he does. And Batfleck is meant to be the danger?
Those two children sitting in the backseat of the car in TDK are alive by the grace of God.
If Baleman told me 'don't worry, I won't hurt you', I'd be sweating bullets.

When Baleman wasn't getting people killed like a clueless buffoon, he had his mouth open like a sedated senior citizen. And when he spoke it was like gargling marbles. His fighting style was underwhelming at best.

Have a very great day! God bless you!

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  8 May  2017, 04:35
When Baleman wasn't getting people killed like a clueless buffoon, he had his mouth open like a sedated senior citizen. And when he spoke it was like gargling marbles.