Batman Returns: The Official Movie Book (e-book)

Started by Azrael, Wed, 25 Dec 2013, 18:25

Previous topic - Next topic

I received this as a gift earlier in the year, and thought this was a good time to post scans for fans of the film that don't have a copy.

INTRODUCTIONS (pp. 1-7)
Contents, Foreword by Tim Burton

TIM BURTON, DENISE DINOVI, BOB KANE (pp. 8-17)

THE BAT, THE CAT, THE PENGUIN (pp. 18-29)

THE PLAYERS (pp. 30-37)

THE ACTION (pp. 38-49)

BEHIND THE SCENES (pp. 50-55)

PRODUCTION DESIGN (pp. 56-67)

SPECIAL FX (pp. 68-73)

VEHICLES & GADGETS (pp. 74-79)

END CREDITS (pp. 80-82)

Brilliant work Nycteris. 

I don't know if there are any copyright issues in copying whole books onto sites though.  Although I guess if the book is now out of print it's no longer an issue.

I also own this book but it's great to have an 'electronic' version.  At the risk of being greedy, do you have the 'Batman Forever' Making-Of Book at all?  It's the only one I don't own out of the Burton/Schumacher films, and although I'll probably end up buying that one off Ebay someday (along with less dog-eared versions of the other Batman Making Of Books I already own) it would be great to see some scans of that book too, if possible.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Thu, 26 Dec 2013, 19:45 #2 Last Edit: Sun, 11 Jun 2017, 18:11 by Azrael

this was great stuff! thank you nycteris.  :-*

also i learned something. i thought poodle lady was the only girl in pengy's gang. he had three!

another thing, i wish they would have kept the full quote when catwoman has batsy tangled up in her whip. would have given a lot more context to her i think. plus it would have been funny to watch batsy look at his situation and say "hanging on every word" lol.

"the world tells boys to conquer the world, and girls to wear clean panties. a man dressed as a bat is a he-man, but a woman dressed as a cat is a she-devil. i'm just living down to my expectations. life's a bitch, now so am i."

she's right. men. pfft. when world war 3 comes you boys can blow yourselves to kingdom come and we little girls can live out our days in a fairytale land free of the ugliness the male species has dumped upon us.

*blinks*

um where was i again? lol.

Sat, 28 Dec 2013, 17:53 #6 Last Edit: Thu, 14 Apr 2016, 19:56 by Azrael

I can't seem to find the scans :(  can someone give me a link? 

Quote from: PoisonIvy on Fri, 20 Jul  2018, 16:17
I can't seem to find the scans :(  can someone give me a link?

Not showing up for me either. Sad, those were great. I can't imagine Azrael was the only one who had this though, so maybe they can come back?

Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 27 Dec  2013, 06:35
another thing, i wish they would have kept the full quote when catwoman has batsy tangled up in her whip. would have given a lot more context to her i think. plus it would have been funny to watch batsy look at his situation and say "hanging on every word" lol.

"the world tells boys to conquer the world, and girls to wear clean panties. a man dressed as a bat is a he-man, but a woman dressed as a cat is a she-devil. i'm just living down to my expectations. life's a bitch, now so am i."

she's right. men. pfft. when world war 3 comes you boys can blow yourselves to kingdom come and we little girls can live out our days in a fairytale land free of the ugliness the male species has dumped upon us.

*blinks*

um where was i again? lol.

I was such a dork. The first part about keeping her entire speech and him going "Hanging on every word," I still believe that.