4 inch Batman 89 and Batman Returns figures from Mattel

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 11 Oct 2013, 00:08

Previous topic - Next topic
i got batsy today. he's cool. doesn't look much like michael keaton though. lol

I have to say I think the new Michael Keaton figure (unmasked and otherwise) is appalling. Absolutely appalling. I'm quite surprised fans are actually buying it. The Catwoman figure too looks most dreadful. She looks as though she's put on a bit of weight round the arms and thighs in the last 20 years.

There is no excuse really for this lack of detailed quality. Kenner got it spot on with Michael Keaton's face back in the early nineties in the days before pompous adult collector lines such as Movie Masters. Not just in their excellent Transforming Bruce Wayne figure but also their Beetlejuice line. It just goes to show that sometimes the good ol past can outclass the precious present eh?

But thank goodness they didn't screw up The Penguin. It looks like they threw the budget at him. And he certainly needed it. I'll buy that figure and also General Zod from Superman II. Not a great likeness of Terence Stamp but since there has never ever been movie Superman figures in that scale I'll make an exception. But with Catwoman and Batman the Kenner figures remain far far better.

it's a nice figure. but yea kenner and even toybiz did a better job of making it look like keaton lol.

f***ing walmart. went in there yesterday and saw they had three pegs full of the multiverse figures. i bounced to them as excited as i've ever been.

not a single catwoman. >:( >:( >:(