Ben Affleck is Batman

Started by BatmAngelus, Fri, 23 Aug 2013, 01:21

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BatmAngelus on Wed, 20 Apr  2016, 17:19
I always interpreted that the Mutant thug got shot in the shoulder instead, due to the blood splatter on the wall, but definitely wasn't killed, due to everything mentioned after that SN cited.
In the film, Batman doesn't shoot the guy in the body, but rather a piece of equipment he's wearing. The flamethrower tank. The hostage taker presses his trigger and kills himself. Snyder has his own interpretation of the comic panel, but he didn't adapt it that way. So his opinion doesn't really matter per se. But he's entitled to it. I think it's really whether or not people think Batman shooting a hostage taker between the eyes breaks Batman's character. I don't think it does. It's a case by case basis. Every scenario is different and requires different methods. Murder isn't going to be necessary each and every time, ala the 'rubber bullets' scene in the Batmobile.

So I was lurking in that cesspool that's called Superhero Hype, and I see some naysayers complaining how they thought Affleck's Bruce was cold-hearted and didn't care about people.

Really? What about when he called the Wayne Financial employee to evacuate everybody in the building during the Metropolis incident? What about when he came to Wallace Keefe's rescue, who was trapped under the rubble, and saved the little girl from getting crushed to death moments later? What about when he frantically did everything he could to prevent Anatoli Knyazev and company from murdering Clark's mother? Like it or not, the whole reason Batman was wrongfully against Superman was because he was afraid that he could turn against the human race.

But let's ignore all of that because Batman kills criminals. Never the mind the fact the criminals themselves were cold blooded murderers themselves (and in some cases, sexual predators).
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Remember his anger over why Wallace Keefe hadn't been receiving his checks until they said he'd been returning them? There's another example. This Bruce cares for the innocent as much as he hates the wretched. 

What a bullsh*t statement. But then that's what a lot of people seem to have to grasp at with this movie so  whatever.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun,  1 May  2016, 16:09
Remember his anger over why Wallace Keefe hadn't been receiving his checks until they said he'd been returning them? There's another example. This Bruce cares for the innocent as much as he hates the wretched.
Yep.

And he has the billionaire act without being a jerk. Saying he was looking for the bathroom when attaching the tapping device at the party, joking he probably had one too many drinks and commenting on Mercy's shoes. He also jokes to Lex he came over to Metropolis to drink the place dry.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  2 May  2016, 08:49
Quote from: Catwoman on Sun,  1 May  2016, 16:09
Yep.

And he has the billionaire act without being a jerk. Saying he was looking for the bathroom when attaching the tapping device at the party, joking he probably had one too many drinks and commenting on Mercy's shoes. He also jokes to Lex he came over to Metropolis to drink the place dry.

Also "The daily planet, do I own that one or is it the other guy?"

Yeah, that was a good line. I think Affleck's Bruce keeps up his family name when out in public. He's not going to lessen his image. But if push comes to shove, and the shove in this instance being Clark's hard questioning, he's going to push back in equal measure. Which is fair to me.

Quote from: riddler on Mon,  2 May  2016, 13:41
Also "The daily planet, do I own that one or is it the other guy?"

That was a nice line, seeing as he did at one point own the Daily Planet in the comics.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun,  1 May  2016, 10:36
So I was lurking in that cesspool that's called Superhero Hype, and I see some naysayers complaining how they thought Affleck's Bruce was cold-hearted and didn't care about people.

Really? What about when he called the Wayne Financial employee to evacuate everybody in the building during the Metropolis incident? What about when he came to Wallace Keefe's rescue, who was trapped under the rubble, and saved the little girl from getting crushed to death moments later? What about when he frantically did everything he could to prevent Anatoli Knyazev and company from murdering Clark's mother? Like it or not, the whole reason Batman was wrongfully against Superman was because he was afraid that he could turn against the human race.

But let's ignore all of that because Batman kills criminals. Never the mind the fact the criminals themselves were cold blooded murderers themselves (and in some cases, sexual predators).
That doesn't matter. Them being that doesn't change anything. Caring about some people doesn't mean he wasn't cold hearted. The fact that he can purposefully murder people with no remorse or guilt shows that. Have a very great day!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Quote from: Dagenspear on Tue,  3 May  2016, 03:26
The fact that he can purposefully murder people with no remorse or guilt shows that.
I don't agree. It's about who you are being cold-hearted to. Being cruel to criminals doesn't make you cruel to your friends or allies. Bruce had the best interests of his staff at heart.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  3 May  2016, 03:31I don't agree. It's about who you are being cold-hearted to. Being cruel to criminals doesn't make you cruel to your friends or allies. Bruce had the best interests of his staff at heart.
Being cruel is different than taking a person's life. That's what's cold hearted. Have a very great day!

God bless you! God bless everyone!