Say at least 5 good things about B&R

Started by Edd Grayson, Wed, 24 Jul 2013, 15:52

Previous topic - Next topic
1. Having Freeze's story be true to the character even though the villain himself was laughable.
2. Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy
3. Continuity: Arkham, Alfred, Robin and Gordon stayed the same
4.O'Donnell was believeable as Robin to me, even if too whiny
5.The Bruce and Alfred scenes

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Wed, 24 Jul  2013, 15:52
1. Having Freeze's story be true to the character even though the villain himself was laughable.
2. Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy
3. Continuity: Arkham, Alfred, Robin and Gordon stayed the same
4.O'Donnell was believeable as Robin to me, even if too whiny
5.The Bruce and Alfred scenes
Okay this might seem quite a sexist list.

1. Elle Macpherson
2. Vendela (Nora Fries)
3. Uma Thurman
4. Vivica A. Fox
5. The women at the Botanical Gardens charity auction

I wasn't really a fan of Alicia Silverstone as Barbara Wilson  :P

Also, I liked the faithful (to the excellent animated series) conception of Freeze even if the execution was dreadful and unlike many others I don't think Arnie was necessarily a bad choice for the character, and in theory George Clooney should have been a half-decent Bruce Wayne if not Batman.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

1-Gotham city,If you compare b&r to bf's gotham city you'd see that the neon has been tone down & gotham city is now somewhat darker & is kinda similar to burton's gotham from batman returns except more darker in color plus with more greek god statues which i don't mind but some of them could have used some robs or pants at least. :P

2-Alfred,Okay michael gough never fails to amaze me as alfred cause let's face it even though with little screentime the man is lovable with every moment he's in also with the dying subplot in the film it makes you feel really sad that we're loosing a good character plus bruce is loosing his surrogate father & butler to a fatal disease (despite how campy the film is) not only that but with everything they went through the first films this may have been his final moments & gives us the thought what would have happen if he did died still it's great that he surives & continues to help the batfamily even up to birds of prey which i gotta admit alfred must at 100 years old yet he's still kicking it long live alfred.XD

3-Action sequences,Okay now you can't lie & say that the fight scenes didn't get better as the years gone by despite them being somewhat silly they were still pretty good for a batman film.

4-Mr.Freeze,Now i'll be honest i didn't really have a problem with arnold being mr.freeze cause i thought he was a interesting choice for the for the role & despite the silliness & campiness that strike the film he does play the oriignal campy mr.freeze from the comics well & puts the sympathy meters in our hearts when we see the sad parts with him & his wife trying find a cure & looking at the wedding videos never the less if they would have stayed with the tone from BF i think he would played the character darker & not to try out actor anyone in the film like TLJ with jim carrey.

5-Visuals effects,Again like the action sequences they gotten better.
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

01- Schumacher took the "living comic book" thing to the next level in this book with all the stunts, wire things, ejection seats, swinging around museums, diving out of rockets, etc. Really liked that.

02- Love that Batmobile.

03- Love Batgirl's motorcycle

04- Clooney did well playing a lighter Batman. It worked to his strengths as a performer.

05- Alfred's subplot was emotional and heartfelt through out.

1. uma thurman as ivy. i loved her and her manner of speaking and stuff. i will sometimes go around talking like that lol. and she was sooooo f***ing hot it makes me want to rip my clothes off and scream for her to take me as her slave. she could inject me with the toxins she gave harley and we could be lovers and rule gotham city as the ultimate bitches!

um..yea. what was the question again? lol.

2. alfred. it was sad, it was heartwarming. imagine if it had been a scene in one of the more acclaimed batman movies. people would still be talking about that scene today. i mean we are here but you know what i mean lol.

3. george clooney as batsy. joel told him what he wanted and he did it well.

4. did i mention uma thurman as ivy?

5. john glover as jason woodrue. he played the mad scientist perfectly. you could tell from the first time you saw him this guy is f***ing nuts and a total creepo. and i have to giggle every time at his anticipation of kissing pamela especially since he is openly gay. see i am not the only one her outfit in that scene turned the heat up for. i was watching on youtube and lots of people talked not about how bad the movie was but about how hot that scene was. two comments that stood out that i remember was one about her navel being the best part of either of joel's movies lol and the other was about the sexuality and confidence she shows in that scene and how the girl who posted it would kill for that kind of confidence in herself.

and since it was "at least" 5 i will add a sixth. the scene at mr. freeze's hideout where he is watching the wedding video and is so sad. those parts, him talking about finding a cure for nora and stuff, almost make up for some of the puns and sh*t. almost. lol.

1. Uma Thurman. She is absolutely beautiful in this. I even find her attractive before she becomes Poison Ivy and when she is Poison Ivy but trying to look like a "normal" person.

2. Touching scences involving Bruce, Alfred, Barbara, Mr. Freeze and his wife.

3. The fantasy look of the city with the statues and the observatory. I like how Gotham looks darker in this movie than in Batman Forever.

4. The music is great.

5. Other beautiful women too.

Quote from: JokerMeThis on Fri, 26 Jul  2013, 06:13
1. Uma Thurman. She is absolutely beautiful in this. I even find her attractive before she becomes Poison Ivy

got a thing for nerdy girls eh? lol

As hot as Uma was as Ivy (like, my first movie crush), she was much more beautiful in other films, like Pulp Fiction for me.

I haven't seen the film in years, but I have to bring up the following exchange that's in the trailer:
Bruce: I've spent my whole life trying to beat back death.  But I can't, can I?
Alfred: None of us can.

I don't care what people say.  That exchange alone beautifully sums up the tragedy of Bruce Wayne's never-ending mission.

I'll return to this thread after I rewatch the film.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Fri, 26 Jul  2013, 07:03I don't care what people say.  That exchange alone beautifully sums up the tragedy of Bruce Wayne's never-ending mission.
Indeed.

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Fri, 26 Jul  2013, 07:03I'll return to this thread after I rewatch the film.
We will expect a debriefing.