Killer Croc

Started by Edd Grayson, Fri, 19 Jul 2013, 10:05

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Killer Croc on Mon, 30 Nov  2015, 15:54
The world you grow up in is what shapes you... Imagine living your life with everyone running away from you when you simply look their way... Then add people... Even your own mother... Constantly hating you and telling you that you're a freak for something you can't control... Not so easy now, is it?

Exactly. Which is why I think he would've been great in Penguin's role in Batman Returns, with slight adjustments.  ;)

Tue, 1 Dec 2015, 10:19 #21 Last Edit: Tue, 1 Dec 2015, 10:22 by Dagenspear
Quote from: Killer Croc on Mon, 30 Nov  2015, 15:54The world you grow up in is what shapes you... Imagine living your life with everyone running away from you when you simply look their way... Then add people... Even your own mother... Constantly hating you and telling you that you're a freak for something you can't control... Not so easy now, is it?
That depends on what I choose to do. But no matter what, what I choose is my responsibility. What my parents do or say doesn't change that.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

It depends on each person, Dagenspear. I don't know what I would do in Croc's situation, but I would probably break down.

Tue, 1 Dec 2015, 16:10 #23 Last Edit: Tue, 1 Dec 2015, 16:30 by Killer Croc
You pegged it Edd... It all depends on each person's experience and understanding of who they are... When someone is submitted to a life of trauma, there's really not much room to think positively... Especially when the people surrounding you only provoke your negative feelings with hate and rejection...

I'm not saying he isn't accountable for his actions... What I'm saying is that I empathize with him because I know what he's been through... I've seen his good side and I appreciate who he is for it...

Quote from: Killer Croc on Tue,  1 Dec  2015, 16:10You pegged it Edd... It all depends on each person's experience and understanding of who they are... When someone is submitted to a life of trauma, there's really not much room to think positively... Especially when the people surrounding you only provoke your negative feelings with hate and rejection...

I'm not saying he isn't accountable for his actions... What I'm saying is that I empathize with him because I know what he's been through... I've seen his good side and I appreciate who he is for it...
I thought you said he isn't to blame. I'm very sorry if I misunderstood. Empathizing isn't what I was talking about. A person's experience and understanding doesn't make them not responsible for their choices or not to blame. There's room to do many things like that if you want to and choose to.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Quote from: Killer Croc on Sun, 29 Nov  2015, 21:15The thing about Killer Croc is that he seems to lack humanity because humanity has rejected him... However I must point out that in many ways he has more humanity than most do... As we've seen in the comics and other media, he does deep down have a good heart... He's cared for a child like his own... Attempted to defend and protect a woman he thought was being abused...  And he's experienced grief over the loss of the ones he's cared for... The truth behind Killer Croc is that he's not to blame for his actions... If Batman and the other citizens of Gotham showed sympathy and offered to help, rather than make him miserable for his looks, then I believe things would be going a lot differently for him...

I haven't seen Killer Croc depicted in a truly sympathetic light until this year's Batman: Earth One Vol. 2, where much to Batman's shock, Croc was a harmless outcast who wanted to escape from persecution by the outside world. In fact, he was a complete contrast here to his normal villainous self.

I remember him teaming up with Baby Doll in an episode of The New Batman Adventures and they made a good team as two misfits rejected by society. But Croc always neglected Baby Doll and didn't give her enough attention.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Note to self.... Read Batman: Earth One Vol. 2....

Quote from: Killer Croc on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 07:07
Note to self.... Read Batman: Earth One Vol. 2....
I still haven't read it yet, either. I'm waiting for the paperback.