Kiss from a Rose

Started by Edd Grayson, Fri, 12 Jul 2013, 02:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 13 Jul  2013, 10:57
he did the song like long before the movie even came out so it's not like he wrote it thinking about batman lol
;D  Good point. I'd forgotten about that.  It was a re-released single too.

Still, I don't care for 'grey'.  The colour grey is dull and drab.  'Grave' sounds more interesting.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Grey usually means either neutrality or the middle path. Or, in our hero's case, finding balance between Batman and Bruce Wayne.

Grey can also be what johnnygobbs said, it can be very depressing.

and it is ON the grey. not FROM the grey.

I had a dream last night about this very music video, and when I woke up I immediately played it. It was awesome :)

I just wanted to say that Kiss from a Rose with the Batman Foreever music video still works so well, it's briliant!

During the summer of 1995 this song played EVERYWHERE. And I mean EVERYWHERE. UK radio was totally invaded. Think Bryan Adams and the domination of his Robin Hood soundtrack.

I guess Warner Bros were very happy after the lack of success with their Siouxsie and the Banshees effort. They got what they wanted third time around. Airplay attack.

It's a brilliant song but U2 was my personal favourite. I don't think you'll ever get a better Batman rock song soundtrack than that now. A killer guitar riff that my dad idolized when playing his Gibson Les Paul.

I remember I saw this fan edit of the music video several years ago. Nice way to honour Keaton, I reckon. ;)
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Wow, I didn't know about it. Great find. :)

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Fri, 14 Nov  2014, 17:11
It's a brilliant song but U2 was my personal favourite.
Face to Face, Kiss From a Rose and Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me are the holy trinity.

I always thought Boulevard of Broken Dreams would've been a good song to promote Begins.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu,  4 Feb  2016, 05:49Face to Face, Kiss From a Rose and Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me are the holy trinity.
I'd replace HMTMKMKM with either Smashing Pumpkins song from B&R. But yeah I pretty much agree.