Batman Prologue/Dance With The Devil (Batman 1989 Fan Film)

Started by PJ, Fri, 19 Apr 2013, 16:33

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys,

Some of you may remember me, a few years ago I planned a prequel for Batman '89 called 'Prologue'. I got pretty far with the production, but I was funding it myself and when a long term relationship broke down, things kind of unraveled.

I would still very much like to make a Burton continuity fan film, but don't have the same kind of resources that I had back then, what I do have is two scripts - Prologue, which might be a little too ambitious at this stage - and a second script entitled 'Dance with the Devil', which is a little more realistic in terms of production requirements.

My question is this, is it worth me attempting to get this off the ground? What kind of support would I likely get from the community. I would basically need people skilled in CGI, matte painting, model making and the like.

Opinions....

Here is a shoot I did last weekend in the suit, so you can see I can achieve the quality needed.

I now work freelance make costumes and sculptures. You can check out my work here www.facebook.com/herowares
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Forgot to add, Dance With The Devil is a sequel to the events of Batman Returns as well as a hark back to the events of Batman 1989

The first photo is pretty darn right awesome! The last one ain't too bad either ;-)

Would Kickstarter be an option? The 1st photo would sell it for me, plus you have a lot of great work done for Prologue

Thanks mate, on all counts.

I have considered Kickstarter, but I'm wary of the legalities regarding fan films.

The biggest hurdle for me this time is the visual fx. Last time I was doing a lot myself, this time around I no longer have access to the software needed, do I'd need some major help there.

Right now I'm exploring the feasibility of doing it, once I've pooled (and if) the resources I'll make a short preview and go from there.

Quote from: PJ on Fri, 19 Apr  2013, 16:52
Forgot to add, Dance With The Devil is a sequel to the events of Batman Returns as well as a hark back to the events of Batman 1989
I like the sound of this very much, mixing in the two together.

Would you plan on using content filmed in the past, meaning the Jack Napier footage of him answering the phone call?

If there's a batgirl suiting up sequence ala the last pic I'll be right on board.  :-[

Ral, I'd need Photoshop, Lightwave, Final Cut, After Effects and a mac to put it all on.

I still have, camera, grip, sound and lighting equipment. I can edit on my PC if needed, but I do hope to replace it with a new mac in the coming months.

Ideally is like to make both films, but I'm leaning toward Dance With The Devil, which although I'd smaller in scale, still would feature Hugo Strange, Scarecrow, Batgirl, Catwoman and.....The joker

Hey PJ,  this looks very interesting,  I hope it all works out for you.  I'm just wondering If you have need of a score composer?

Thanks mate. I most certainly am

Did you get to bang Batgirl ?
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."