The Return of Batduck

Started by The Laughing Fish, Tue, 2 Apr 2013, 03:00

Previous topic - Next topic
I remember this, the Super Tiny Toons parody of the on-set filming of Batman Returns, including poking fun at Sean Young!

The damn video missing a few scenes though - the part where Batman beats up goons and pokes his tongue at them.

Starts on 2:09 though, and sound volume will need to be adjusted

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Speaking of Sean Young has anybody seen the tv footage of her complaining about not being cast on (I think Joan Rivers)? It's since been deleted from youtube.

Boy how embarrassing. Especially for Michelle Pfeiffer. Does anybody think craziness like this ultimately made Michael Keaton reconsider future Batman projects? lol Apparently he was an eye witness to her infamous studio roaming.

Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Tue,  2 Apr  2013, 16:46
Speaking of Sean Young has anybody seen the tv footage of her complaining about not being cast on (I think Joan Rivers)? It's since been deleted from youtube.

Boy how embarrassing. Especially for Michelle Pfeiffer. Does anybody think craziness like this ultimately made Michael Keaton reconsider future Batman projects? lol Apparently he was an eye witness to her infamous studio roaming.

at first i didn't believe that was real. that's crazy even by my standards! lol.

imagine the ice princess on that day. "ok so the ugly bird man with fish breath knocks me off the building and then you kidnap me, right?" "no no no! i kidnap you, THEN he knocks you off the building." "oh, ok!" then that one catwoman walks off, then the other one walks up two minutes later. "ok so the ugly birdman with fish breath knocks me off the building...."

I guess obsessions also exists within acting circles, not only among fanboys.  :-X

But you may have a point about Keaton probably being turned off by the fanaticism within the Batman franchise. I get angry at any worthless douchebag who sends death threats to people who admit to not like certain films, but I can't imagine what Keaton must have experienced when it was confirmed he would play the lead role back in the 80s.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed,  3 Apr  2013, 02:42

I guess obsessions also exists within acting circles, not only among fanboys.  :-X

But you may have a point about Keaton probably being turned off by the fanaticism within the Batman franchise. I get angry at any worthless douchebag who sends death threats to people who admit to not like certain films, but I can't imagine what Keaton must have experienced when it was confirmed he would play the lead role back in the 80s.

I think more than anything those complaints perhaps put the final nail in the coffin before anything even began. It's still a reaction that is unprecedented even today. Did Ryan Reynolds undergo anything like this for Green Lantern? Keaton proved a sh*tload of people wrong and seemed to take great glee in that (see his funny interview on the subject on the Shadows of the Bat documentary series). However after you've been treated this way why should you bother continuing?

Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Sat,  6 Apr  2013, 00:05
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed,  3 Apr  2013, 02:42

I think more than anything those complaints perhaps put the final nail in the coffin before anything even began. It's still a reaction that is unprecedented even today. Did Ryan Reynolds undergo anything like this for Green Lantern?

I think, unless I'm mistaken, the closest case that fans reacted negatively to an actor being cast in an iconic role in recent times would have to be Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk in The Avengers. But then again I doubt Marvel Studios received angry letters about the casting like WB did about Keaton's casting.

You can watch the entire unedited 'The Return of Batduck' episode here:

http://www.trilulilu.ro/video-animatie/tta-3x06-the-return-of-batduck

And here's some interesting footage Sean Young uploaded onto her YouTube page.

Uploaded to her own Youtube? Brave of her.... or perhaps crazy.

I have pity for Sean Young, but also find her a mystery. She seems a little bit like she does need to be on meds sometimes.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

I don't remember this one. I do remember Bat's All, Folks from Tiny Toons though.