Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Thu, 28 Feb 2013, 22:49

Previous topic - Next topic
In the light of the events depicted in #8, I think it's about time we had a thread for this title. Obviously there are going to be spoilers in here, but I think most people have already heard what happens in the latest issue. It was leaked all over the internet and almost every website has reported it. Damian Wayne gets killed by the Heretic.

I'm actually quite relieved about this. I'd heard rumours last year that Tim Drake was going to be killed off since a lot of people had noted there wasn't enough space for him in the condensed New 52 timeline. But Damian? I can live with that.

I wonder how long it'll be before they bring him back from the dead. Six months? A year? Two years? Five years? Place your bets.

When I read #8 (only one I read, just cause of my curiosity. I'm CATwoman, damnit, you'd think I'd know better) I was like traumatized. Like I told Riddler on FB, it isn't so much THAT he died (that alone was shocking though) but HOW he died. All the arrows, then the sword? He was a freaking kid! I don't care if he was a warrior assassin baby or not. So freaking disturbing, and I've seen plenty of disturbing sh*t just from the ones I've read.

The issue of Batman where he was watching the recording of the mission and he's crying and Alfred put his hand on his shoulder, I couldn't. I lost it. :(

I don't want to start a new thread. So this will do.

I've been reading Morrison's run, and I really dig what he did with the Batman and Son/The Black Glove/RIP arc especially. I'm going to write down some thoughts sooner or later. I prefer what Scott Snyder did during his run overall. But Morrison did nail some truly intrinsic qualities of Batman. Which I will explore.

Stay tuned.