New Batman: Arkham Game Coming This Year

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 12 Feb 2013, 20:43

Previous topic - Next topic
This year could mean financial year...which goes into 2014.

Also I am getting the vide that this has been in production for a while now...they're just leaking parts of it now.

I will use this thread instead of creating a new one, because it's the same message.

Is another Batman game about to be announced on March 8?

https://nowloading.co/p/save-the-date-batman-image-wb-montreal/4200959?utm_source=fb-stream-post&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=new-save-the-date-image-teases-batman-game-to-be-announced-soon

If so, I'm guessing it's the Damian Wayne/Batman Beyond game. Which I have really warmed up to for a number of reasons. I love these games but it's time for a change in the template. It has become predicatable. Damien represents a change. He would have a totally different batsuit, different vehicles, gadgets and personality. Bruce would still have a supporting role, and the fact Damian has a more ruthless upbringing could cause tensions between the two.

Seeing how the Arkham world evolved years into the future interests me.

What about you?

What if I told you I still haven't played Arkham Knight yet, and the last game I played in the franchise was Arkham Origins: Blackgate?  :-[
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I'm a big fan of what the video games have done with the Batman mythos in recent times. Arkham Knight and the Telltale game introduced bold concepts and had the guts to follow through. Arkham Knight had Batman unmasked on live TV. It doesn't really get any bigger than that. Except the Telltale game did this: They reimagined Thomas Wayne as a member of the Falcone crime ring. He was involved in assassinations and laundering money. He was locking people up in Arkham, taking their land and injecting them with a serum to make them insane.

It's really radical but I love it. It's their reason behind how the Wayne's became so rich. It shatters Bruce's perception of his father, but he can still strive to be his own man. Proving to the City he is nothing like that, while still enjoying the riches his seedy father gained via crime. It's so fresh. Same thing with the Telltale version of the Batmobile. It's a sports car that morphs into the Batmobile. So it's a two in one multi-use scenario. I'm not sure if we've ever had that before in Batman history.

As for this possible new game, I'd also like a pure Arkham Origins 2. Origins is one of the best Batman games in existence, so the same creative team coming back would be great. As long as they introduced new gameplay ideas. I'm hoping Rocksteady are creating a Superman game, and WB Montreal continue the Arkhamverse, as rumors suggest. Arkham Knight sure did have a lot of Superman universe Easter eggs, so it could be true. Rocksteady are known for planting hints as to their future projects.

Someone claiming to be a WB Montreal employee says the March 8 reveal is an Arkham Origins sequel called Arkham Insurgency.

They claim:
1. It's been in development since 2014 and takes place three years after events in Batman Arkham Origins.

2. Playable characters will include Batman and Robin, with Dick Grayson once again playing the part of Robin.

3. It will introduce a new location in Gotham, a coastal area that he claims will be "the same size as the three islands from Arkham Knight."

4. Players can fast travel to the Batcave and Wayne Manor.

5. The Batmobile mechanics have been tweaked and controls have been modified. Battle mode has been ditched, and they'll be a larger focus on chase sequences and the weaponry of the Batmobile.

6. Combat has been improved, and made more in-depth. "It's still rhythm based where you have to time all the correct button presses exactly, but it's more complicated than the attack/counter basis of the previous games." They'll also be boss battles!

7. Villains will include: Maxie Zeus, Dollmaker, Killer Moth, Anarky, Two-Face, Blockbuster, Ventriloquist, Cornelius Stirk, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, Dusan al Ghul, Mad Monk, Dala, Riddler and Joker.

8. Owlman is the main villain in the game, alongside the Court of Owls, and Talons will be elite enemies.

9. Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker are reprising their roles from Origins.

Batman Arkham Insurgency is rumored to release in November 2017, though it could be pushed back.

Let's see if this eventuates.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BatmanArkham/comments/5vwffl/spoilers_i_really_dont_give_a_damn_at_this_point/

I've read about this rumour myself yesterday.

It's coming from somebody who claims to be a disgruntled employee at WB Montreal about cancelled projects and the Canadian studio is going to close down. But maybe there is truth in there. After all, Arkham Origins had a post-credits scene where Amanda Waller meets Deathstroke in Blackgate Penitentiary, which was clearly alluding to a Suicide Squad game. But three years later, nothing has happened.

As much as I loved Arkham Origins as I did with Arkham City, you can tell the game mechanics were nearly copied and pasted from City. Maybe they're going to do the same thing with this potentially new one by borrowing the game mechanics from Arkham Knight?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Arkham Origins is my number one Arkham game.

WB Montreal were in an difficult position following Arkham City.

Retain the template of the previous two games and you're accused of doing a copy and paste job. Strike out on your own and you're accusing of betraying the spirit of the franchise given they didn't establish it. They were being viewed as caretakers while everyone was waiting for Rocksteady's next instalment.

Origins has the best story and characterisations.
The crime scene investigations were improved.
I loved the shock gloves.
I loved Batman's rougher methods and personality.
The Christmas theme and the snow.
The Deathstroke boss battle is a franchise standout.
The interactive Joker flashback sequence is outstanding.
Did Bane justice, before having to dumb him down again for continuity reasons.
Conroy is the legend, but Roger Craig Smith did a fine job, likewise with Baker.
We actually got to visit the real batcave and enter Wayne Manor.

So if this rumor is true, I'm excited.

Making the Batmobile a tank in AK wasn't the right choice in the end. It didn't really feel like Batman and became monotonous. If WB Montreal stripped it all back just as a fast car with gadgets, I'd welcome that.

Love Arkham Origins, think it's a great underrated game.  My favourite villain is Anarky, and I hope the rumours are true and we get more of him.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 26 Feb  2017, 02:43
After all, Arkham Origins had a post-credits scene where Amanda Waller meets Deathstroke in Blackgate Penitentiary, which was clearly alluding to a Suicide Squad game.

I thought it was alluding to that animated movie, Assault on Arkham.

"Arkham Origins = disappointment" is yet another case of how a few criticisms (valid when it comes to the glitches of the PC version) can blow way out of proportion. This was the first Arkham game I played almost the same day it was released, and loved it, without reading reviews and without being aware that I was supposed to feel disappointed.

Quote from: OutRiddled on Sun, 26 Feb  2017, 23:08
Love Arkham Origins, think it's a great underrated game.  My favourite villain is Anarky, and I hope the rumours are true and we get more of him.
I really enjoyed the Anarky content, too. I think he's an underrated and under-utilised character. I bought the fourth volume of the BTAS collected comics, and he features in there too. His only appearance in the BTAS universe I believe.
Quote from: Azrael on Mon, 27 Feb  2017, 00:12
"Arkham Origins = disappointment" is yet another case of how a few criticisms (valid when it comes to the glitches of the PC version) can blow way out of proportion. This was the first Arkham game I played almost the same day it was released, and loved it, without reading reviews and without being aware that I was supposed to feel disappointed.
Yeah. I think the fact another developer made the game put it at an immediate disadvantage in terms of perception. The gameplay was enjoyable, but the story really engaged me. With no hesitation I name the AO Bane my favorite Bane outside of his first appearance in Knightfall. What they did with Bane breaking in to the batcave and leaving Alfred for dead was fantastic. This Bane was his own man, took orders from nobody - Joker included, and was a scary force of nature.