Batman Set visit - early 1989

Started by markrjones1970, Fri, 21 Dec 2012, 20:22

Previous topic - Next topic
In the winter of 1989 me, Chris Herbert and Conrad Bedford drove to the film set of the film 'BATMAN'. By the time we visited the film had been finished but not released so we hadn't seen it. We didn't know at the time which items left laying around were going to be in the film and which weren't. So we took pics of everything! Some of the set was being re-painted as, I was told, they were preparing it for the shooting of the 2nd film. This plan was apparently then abandoned & the set was dismantled a few weeks after these photos were taken. It was great though being there and totally surreal seeing it all for real.

Thought you might like to see my photos! :)

I'm the geek in the cream coat btw!

I did get some stuff when I was there. I had wads of fake Gotham City banknotes but they'd been out in the open for so long and had gotten wet that they only lasted a few years before crumbling away.

In this pic at the top right you can see an EROS THEATER sign. I found this on the film set, but appear to have lost it over the years! :(

I pulled this off a shop door window and I still have it. This is a recent pic:

And look at this scene from the film, look at the 2 posters on the wall:

Well I have one of them as I pulled it off the wall when I was there. The green paint is still on the back of it :)

First of all, welcome to the site Mark.

Secondly...holy sh*t! Those are awesome!

Some of these photos are truly blowing my 89-fan mind!

This definitely deserves a feature treatment on the site...if you don't mind of course!

Glad you liked them. I've been looking for somewhere to post these to get them 'out there' and I found this forum today, so here they are! :)

I' was speechless.It's priceless.Thank you for sharing them .I enjoyed them so much.I wish I could see similar set photos of Batman Returns.

Those pictures are brilliant  :) what a epic opportunity to be able to visit that amazing set :)
My balloons. Those are my balloons. HE STOLE MY BALLOONS!

It's always awesome when something like this turns up years later. Thanks for sharing!

Oh my. Great stuff, thanks for sharing!