The Joker's Boat

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 24 Aug 2012, 23:10

Previous topic - Next topic
Earlier in the week, I saw this boat moored in Liverpool.

I searched on the internet for more information and found this:

QuoteThis bespoke boat was originally built for the film Batman for the Joker's accommodation where he would live in Gotham city (played by Jack Nicolson) as his home, although all the scenes shot with the boat in ended up on the cutting room floor. We rescued the boat from an L.A. scrapyard, brought it to Liverpool and turned it into a 5 star bespoke apartment boat, located right in the heart of the Albert Dock within walking distance of all the tourist attractions i.e. Beatles 2 minutes, Mathew St 5 minutes, Liverpool 1 shopping 1 minute and of course the Albert Dock itself
http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/246518_the-joker-boat-albert-dock-liverpool.aspx

This is the first I've heard about a "Joker boat" deleted scene. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

There's no way we'd be hearing about this now for the first time. It's bullocks!
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Sat, 25 Aug  2012, 00:39
There's no way we'd be hearing about this now for the first time. It's bullocks!
Agreed. I don't know why The Joker would base himself on a boat given his plot ties to Axis Chemicals, anyway.

I live in Liverpool and see this most weekends lol I think this deleted scene thing is a bit of a fib myself. Wish I could tell you all what's inside it but I have no clue myself. I think memorabillia. That's what I heard.

I was discussing this with a friend. I think it would have made more sense doing a Penguin duck boat! Y'know just like the film? I'd ride that thing! We already have something called the duck boat.

"Right this way kiddies, c'mon come with me..." - The Penguin.

Guess they thought the Penguin is still an unfriendly character to families lol

It sounds like bollocks...but on the other hand it sounds almost too weird not to be true.

I mean who would make up something like that? So weird.

There isn't any mention of a boat in any script draft as far as I know...and for a bespoke lair for the Joker, apart from the exterior it doesn't look like authentic.

If it was made for the movie, they would've used the same Joker logo used on the jackets, vans, etc.

Quote from: phantom stranger on Sat, 25 Aug  2012, 17:26
If it was made for the movie, they would've used the same Joker logo used on the jackets, vans, etc.
Yeah, I agree.

I think this is something they're saying and hoping people believe them on face value without giving it too much thought.

Well I'm just happy Nicholson's Joker is on something, anything these days. Reminding people of his portrayl. Makes a change from the grungy Ledger variation I see everywhere instead.

Also makes a change from everything being about the soddin Beatles for once here in Liverpool lol

Sounds like someone's simply trying to add some added mystique to the boat.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Wow as cool as that boat is, it dosent look like it would have been in the film anyways.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.