Hot Toys Batman Returns - release date?

Started by Bobthegoon89, Tue, 21 Aug 2012, 00:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Oh boy. That BR Batman is lovely.

The best live action suit so far - still need to see more from Fleck.

they missed one....

seriously, is OSWALD in his pj's more collectible than catwoman?

and yes i totally just trolled by using his name in all caps lol.

Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 25 Jul  2014, 15:48
they missed one....

seriously, is OSWALD in his pj's more collectible than catwoman?

and yes i totally just trolled by using his name in all caps lol.
Are they not doing Catwoman?  :(

And where are all the other Batman Returns characters?  >:(
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

ok i'm blonde. i look at the pretty (using the term very loosely here) pictures, not read the fine print. lol.

i didn't realize the penguin fig is a totally different company.

Well it's a great figure but I won't be getting it since I have the version from the first movie which remains firmly my favourite. I shall never understand why so many fans like the Returns suit (apart from the sharper, blazing insignia). Because while I still like it myself I'm not crazy about the grey colour tone. Nor the machined body armour replacing the original human anatomy. I actually think Val Kilmer's outfit he wears for the majority of Batman Forever is far far better because they brought back the black and gold look of the first film quite deliberately. It always looked classier in my opinion.

Some fans are actually going to sell their figure of the first movie just to get the Returns one which I find a little foolish myself. Why not try and get both to represent both films? And if they already have the Joker he'll look a little out of place without his corresponding Batman. The figure from the 1989 film has a much better texture to it far as I can see. I also don't think this Batman will come with as many great accessories as the first. Let's see, he'll have his Penguin commando remote control, the updated grappling gun design and I'm sure the famous homing/"super batarang". But that's it right? What else is there? Unless they toss in the cape glider with the spiked tip wings? Can it be done on a figure like this?

I'm sure Penguin and Catwoman will follow now. However it won't be for a while I think. The head of Hot Toys said they were having some problems with the licence. He estimated they won't be coming for another two years or so. He'll possibly be wrong. Therefore it's much easier to toss out a new Batman since they already did one. Hot Toys biggest issue in my book. Just replicating endless Iron Man variants e.c.t instead of putting out enough wholly new characters.

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Fri, 25 Jul  2014, 20:53
I shall never understand why so many fans like the Returns suit (apart from the sharper, blazing insignia). Because while I still like it myself I'm not crazy about the grey colour tone. Nor the machined body armour replacing the original human anatomy. I actually think Val Kilmer's outfit he wears for the majority of Batman Forever is far far better because they brought back the black and gold look of the first film quite deliberately. It always looked classier in my opinion.

i agree totally. batsy's suit in returns (emblem aside) wasn't great. i don't like the armor or any of it. val's was the best of both worlds but it never made it to action figure form did it?

We are equaled baffled by fans that are into the exaggerated sculpted muscles. Compared to the armored batsuits of today, the Returns one still retains a fair amount or organic shapes. It's a good compromise in my eyes, and I like that it brings the seams out into the open, more a actual part of the design instead of trying (and failing) to hide them.

I just miss the original insignia and the metal plates on the gauntlets.

I shall never understand why so many fans like the Returns suit
Tastes differ, of course. I like how simple and elegant it is. I can't find any faults, to be honest. Being too perfect could be one for some, I guess?
Some fans are actually going to sell their figure of the first movie just to get the Returns one which I find a little foolish myself. Why not try and get both to represent both films?
Agreed.

I own the Batman '89 Hot Toys figure and I'm gonna buy the Returns one as well - love them both equally.

When is it getting released?
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."