INDEX of Comic-to-Film Analyses & Features

Started by Azrael, Fri, 10 Aug 2012, 13:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 10 Aug 2012, 13:26 Last Edit: Thu, 26 Nov 2020, 18:14 by Azrael
An index of articles written by Batman Online contributors (alphabetical):
BatmAngelus, DocLathropBrown, GothamAlleys, greggbray, Ral, Silver Nemesis, thecolorsblend,
The Dark Knight, ZUPERZERO

BLACK features
GREY forum
BLUE external links

TIM BURTON FILMS (1989-92)

Thanks for doing this, SilentEnigma!
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Yeah thanks, a couple of them I haven't seen yet or knew about.

Wed, 26 Sep 2012, 22:56 #3 Last Edit: Wed, 20 Mar 2013, 20:35 by SilentEnigma
The list now includes non-Batman comics.

Silver Nemesis and BatmAngelus have completely reworked both the Batman 89 and Returns comparison features. New comparisons, better layout and more cohesive.

They are also the first features to be split up into pages - allowing less images to be loaded while reading.

When the timing is right, the Schumacher articles should be added as features too.

We'll try and do the others eventually. Unfortunately these features are quite time consuming. BatmAngelus, ral and I spent hours reworking these last two over the past week, and so far only one person has commented (saying they enjoyed the comparisons, but they're certain Burton didn't consciously adapt anything from the comics; a conclusion that defeats the whole objective of the feature  :().

But I'll be happy to work on the Schumacher comic comparison features when I get the time. Maybe the comparisons for the 66 movie and the first two Nolan films could be features as well.

I regard to the comment left, you are always going to get people posting who miss the point of the article. In the opening paragraphs you guys noted that there may well be coincidences, thus person seems to have missed that.

The articles have been shared a fair bit, though not to the extent of the TDKR article.  We need more exposure, plain and simple. Hopefully more news posts will drive visitors to the feature pages.

Hiya boys i'm rapidly finishing off what's left of my 1966 Batman project. So i'll be adding links to all 15 blogs in this section very soon.