The Joker's Fate (needless to say, spoilers)

Started by Azrael, Sat, 28 Jul 2012, 16:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Nah. Its just that I know a lot of the posters from around here from waaaayy back from BOF. BatmAngelus was among them, as is gregg.
You, of all people, should know... There's plenty wrong with me!

Oh wow.  First, colorsblend comes back.  Then zDBZ, then greggbray, and now Batman Beyond.  It's a reunion!  Great to see you here!
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

there was an internet meme (or maybe an onion article, I can't find it) that shows Ledger's Joker in jail with the headline 'Despite Blackgate Breakout, Arkham Secure' and a side bar 'Gordon happy not to have to fight the Joker as well.'  :)

side note: nice to see old friends on here.  :)

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Mon, 27 Aug  2012, 19:19
Oh wow.  First, colorsblend comes back.  Then zDBZ, then greggbray, and now Batman Beyond.  It's a reunion!  Great to see you here!
Only thing we need now is SHATM, and we can all go to hell!

:D

Actually, all we need is bat lugosi and Shadowman, and then the circle will be complete.

But, as gregg said, great to see old friend back. Its been awhile. :)
You, of all people, should know... There's plenty wrong with me!

I don't know what's worse: the fact that Nolan chose to not mention the Joker at all in TDKR as a misguided way to pay respects to Ledger, or the awful ending in the second film giving no resolution to the character whatsoever.

Even if Joker had appeared in the third film, I have an extremely hard time believing that he would go through all that trouble to manipulate Harvey Dent...but suddenly stay quiet when Batman and Gordon covered up the truth for eight years. If we assume that Joker is still alive and well, then what logical sense would it make for him to keep his mouth shut and let Batman trick people into believing that he killed their 'beloved' Dent in cold blood? And in the meantime, the entire city took care of crime once and for all thanks to the Dent Act?! ??? I thought Joker wanted anarchy, not order. I find it impossible to imagine that Joker would stay locked up in jail for eight years, and allow of this to happen.

It doesn't make any sense to me at all.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei