Super Power Beat Down

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sun, 8 Jul 2012, 18:09

Previous topic - Next topic

For not being pedigreed Hollywood actors (at least none I recognize), those two weren't bad. Seems like Hamill was the principal influence there but there were some flavors of Nicholson and Ledger too, plus a bit of the actor's own approach.

As to the fight itself... yeah, I'd picture it going just about that way. Bat-God is an archetype that occasionally annoys me. But Joker-God, to a lesser degree, is more palatable in that he's not really a fighter. So if he fights, he won't take the risk unless he already knows how to win. To me, that's a successful idea.

Also, not bad production value. Good lighting, good costumes, good makeup effects. The camera work was a bit annoying at times but nothing's perfect, right?

Not a bad little find, that one.

I'm of the view the Joker is one of those characters that finds a way to win, even against the impossible. He may be beaten to a pulp, but he still gets the job done. Or at worst, escapes to fight another day. This includes prep time or no prep time. The no prep time scenario is where the real intuitive genius is on show.

Sat, 20 Jan 2018, 12:51 #23 Last Edit: Sat, 20 Jan 2018, 12:53 by Azrael
This is the best version of the Joker by Bat in the Sun, I think.

Most of these are great movie shorts. Batman vs Deadpool, Batman vs Vader, Superman vs Thor are still favourites. The only bad thing about them are the annoying before and after segments. I wish they uploaded shorter versions with these parts removed.

I admire their enthusiasm because I can tell it's genuine. I'm on board with their psychological approach to the characters. Something else to look forward to.

I'd forgotten it was Kevin Porter and Bat in the Sun that made City of Scars (2010) and Seeds of Arkham (2011).

I still rate Dead End as the best Batman fan film, but these had impressive production values and a lot of passion invested in them.

Bat in the Sun have released their latest Batman fan film titled Dying is Easy. The cast includes Casper Van Dien as Gordon, Michael Madsen as Bullock and Doug Jones (the Thin Clown in Batman Returns) as the Riddler. The production values are very impressive.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sat, 13 Mar  2021, 17:43
Bat in the Sun have released their latest Batman fan film titled Dying is Easy. The cast includes Casper Van Dien as Gordon, Michael Madsen as Bullock and Doug Jones (the Thin Clown in Batman Returns) as the Riddler. The production values are very impressive.

Production values are the best thing about it.