Injustice: Gods Among Us

Started by Azrael, Sat, 9 Jun 2012, 00:14

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been playing the iOS version. It's actually pretty fun. There is no story, but it's a good game to pass the time with

Quote from: CouchPotatoTalk on Sun,  2 Jun  2013, 03:27
I've been playing the iOS version. It's actually pretty fun. There is no story, but it's a good game to pass the time with

I found it to just a matter of tapping the screen repeatedly. Bored me after a short while.

Now the Ultimate Edition, containing ALL the DLC, is going to be released on all platforms except XBox One and Wii U.  I'll be looking to pick this game up next month, though it makes me wonder whether or not I should wait for Arkham Origins a little longer since I don't want to miss out on the DLC.  :-X
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I bought the Ultimate Edition on PC and have been playing it a lot for a week now.

It's a good fighting game, if slightly repetitive once you got used to the combos and hitting opponents from one place to another.

The story reminds me in certain ways like The Flashpoint Paradox and Crisis on Two Earths; Superman in charge of a One World dictatorship with the majority of the heroes agreeing to join his side out of fear, and Batman is working with Lex Luthor to lead a team of insurgents against the regime.

Favourite characters to play are Green Arrow, Nightwing, Deathstroke and Joker - very easy to do combos with those four. I must admit that Batman and Superman are a little disappointing to play since their attacks are dull compared to those four.

Anyone else played the STAR Labs missions? I've got the Lobo missions where he flies into outer space and must collect dolphins to keep his oxygen up.  ??? The developers must have been on drugs when they conceived that idea.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

The star labs were fun, like a bunch of mini games although some were pretty tough.

I wonder if we'll get a sequel game at some point?

They put Pfeiffer in the mobile version. Where's Keaton?

First Keaton's Batman appears in one of the 75th anniversary shorts, and now Pfeiffer's Catwoman is playable in Injustice. What a week for fans of Burton's Batman!

Could this signify an end to WB's ongoing reluctance to acknowledge the Burton Batman films? Will the Burtonverse henceforth be treated as a valid part of the DC Multiverse? Will the upcoming 25th anniversary DVD have some new special features instead of being simply another repackaged version of the old DVD release?

Quote from: Furstmobile on Wed, 23 Apr  2014, 02:14Where's Keaton?

Perhaps they're limiting themselves to one fighter per interpretation and they thought Pfeiffer's Catwoman would be the best one to represent the Burtonverse.

The BR Catwoman as a playable character? Way cool. About time this stuff happened.
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Wed, 23 Apr  2014, 16:46
Could this signify an end to WB's ongoing reluctance to acknowledge the Burton Batman films? Will the Burtonverse henceforth be treated as a valid part of the DC Multiverse? Will the upcoming 25th anniversary DVD have some new special features instead of being simply another repackaged version of the old DVD release?
I think the Burton stuff is coming back in vogue. The realism days are coming to an end, especially with Snyder taking over and the shared Superman/Batman universe. And the Arkhamverse has made its mark, don't worry about that.

Since Batman v Superman is fast approaching, you can now get the movie skins for the mobile game.