Comic-to-Movie Analysis: Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 6 Mar 2012, 19:49

Previous topic - Next topic

The features section should be up and running by the end of this week (similar to the news addition panel). This is definitely gonna be in there  :)

Brilliant as always Silver Nemesis.  You should publish a book on Burton's Batman.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

QuoteThe features section should be up and running by the end of this week (similar to the news addition panel). This is definitely gonna be in there   

That's good to know, ral. I'm sorry it was so longwinded. I know a lot of this is stuff that's already been covered in other threads, but I figured it would be a good idea to have all the Catwoman material in a single document.

In a few months time we're going to get a load of people claiming that Catwoman has always been exactly like the Hathaway version, and that any differences between the two are due to Burton's ignorance of the comics and Nolan's adherence to them. Hopefully this feature will expose the inaccuracy of such claims.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Hathaway's Catwoman will be great and equally faithful to the source material. But it's important for younger Batman fans to remember that the characters haven't always been exactly as they are now. They've evolved over many decades. So naturally the characterisation from a 20 year old movie is not going to be exactly the same as the current version. But that doesn't mean it's unfaithful to the comics. It just means we have to look further into the past to find the comics it was adapted from.

I love these threads.

Thanks for posting this.  :)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Wed,  7 Mar  2012, 01:21
The features section should be up and running by the end of this week (similar to the news addition panel). This is definitely gonna be in there  :)

Great to know. These are more like well-researched and informative magazine articles, something one could read in a film/comics magazine, or a book that collects essays (like the "Batman Unauthorized" book), so they should all be posted in the features section.

Thanks for the article!  8)
It would be cool if these were printed as a book, but then you would have to get rights from DC to use all the comic panels as examples.
Still, it's nice here because you can send the ignorant (and the web is full of them) to your site to read up.

I love the detail in here, Silver. You've put in a lot of time and effort and it was a joy to read. It helped lift my spirits even, given that I'm going through a tough patch.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys. I'm glad everyone liked it.

And I'm sorry to hear about the tough patch, TDK. I hope things perk up for you soon.