Did anybody go to the premiere?

Started by Bobthegoon89, Mon, 13 Aug 2012, 17:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Grauman's Chinese Theatre did their entire building up in Batman Returns imagery. White Bat logo and huge standees of the main characters. Was anybody there at the time or any major premiere for that matter? And who attended? I read James Caan (from The Godfather) went to see it.

Here's some footage from the Batman Returns premiere. I can't remember if this has been posted already, but in case it hasn't here it is.

Arnold is present. He says he loves the Batman movies and describes Burton as a genius. I wonder if he spotted his own picture on the wall of Shreck's office.

C. Thomas Howell is asked which superhero he'd like to play, and he answers Spider-Man. He would later go on to appear in The Amazing Spider-Man (2012).

Chris Rock is there, years before Burton cast him as Jimmy Olsen in Superman Lives.

Keaton's energetic when interacting with the fans, but comes across a tad curt and dismissive when speaking with the press.

Catherine O'Hara's there. This was the same year she married Batman Returns production designer Bo Welch and one year before she voiced Sally in Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Steven Seagal twice refers to the movie as a "cartoon". When asked which superhero he'd like to be he replies Sylvester Stallone. Seagal was probably annoyed with the interviewer for not recognising that he has superpowers in real life.

Other celebs who appear include Christian Slater, Gary Busey and Will Smith.