Battle of the running time

Started by Bobthegoon89, Wed, 26 Dec 2012, 18:09

Previous topic - Next topic
20 years ago at the release of Batman Returns fans and critics complained about the lack of screen time for a certain caped crusader. It was all The Penguin and Catwoman they said.

20 years later it's The Dark Knight Rises, a film raved about as being a "classic" and a "masterpiece". A true celebration to the spirit of Batman some Nolan devotees would say. Done so much better than anything that Burton guy did. It even had a few tributes to Batman Returns such as nicking a costume ball scene straight from Burton's into their own. But it had one other thing in common: it would seem Batman all but vanished from his own movie once again.

So here's a fun task I'll be trying myself, sure some already have. Let's count and compare the screen time of Batman in both movies and come up with a result. And Bruce Wayne doesn't count. You wouldn't include Anakin Skywalker in with the man in the black suit if you were devising this for Darth Vader, would you? So I'm talking about the Batsuit itself. The BATMAN of the Batman films. None of this "the true hero is inside the costume" nonsense lol From the looks of things Wayne suits up in the new one a mere three times. A shocking number for a movie that is third in a series (seventh if like me you include the previous films). I'm sure the result will be interesting and perhaps we can put an end to the silly controversy of 1992 in light of recent events....