Can't find Blu ray??!

Started by Grissom, Wed, 9 Jan 2013, 17:40

Previous topic - Next topic
now i have a dilemma ;

i was holding out getting Batman 89 on blu ray, hoping that there's a 25th anniversary edition coming in 2014.  But I'd imagine the chances of that happening goes down severely due to this new steelbook edition?

Not sure what the steel books will have extra that the current Blurays don't. The 20th edition might be a better buy?

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Sat, 27 Apr  2013, 10:11
Not sure what the steel books will have extra that the current Blurays don't. The 20th edition might be a better buy?

Yeah, other than the packaging, they seem to be the exact same releases...

I still have my fingers crossed for a 25th special edition next year!

-James
Check out my blog focusing on the 1989 Batman film: http://www.1989batman.com/

Thanks for the heads up James

http://www.batman-online.com/news/2013/4/27/original-anthology-blu-ray-steelbooks-coming

QuoteBatman and Batman Returns have a US release date of May 7th and a UK release date of June 3rd.

Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are released later in the UK on June 24th (US date not confirmed).

Just a rumor at some of the bluray sites, but evidently the steelbooks will be on sale for $9.99 at best buy as well for the first week.
This sale will coincide with the final week of the trade in program, which will make each release 5 bucks!

But the sale price in just a rumor at the moment, last year WB had a wave of these rerelease steelbooks for other titles and Best Buy
had the same deal, so maybe they are betting/hoping it will happen again.

I hope these blu-ray specials have the deleted scenes i'm looking for cause i'd really like to get back to editing on my project  :-X
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

What is special about the steel book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May I persuade you to take a sandwich with you, sir?

Quote from: illgetdrivethrough on Tue,  7 May  2013, 16:25
What is special about the steel book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dunno i'm guessing extra contents?
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

Nope. Same features/disc.