15 years of Batman and Robin

Started by riddler, Wed, 4 Jan 2012, 15:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Wed, 4 Jan 2012, 16:36 #2 Last Edit: Wed, 4 Jan 2012, 16:38 by gordonblu
Quote from: riddler on Wed,  4 Jan  2012, 15:05
How is it being celebrated?
By everyone going nuts over Chris Nolan's films?

In all honesty, I enjoy the film, but it's not one to go overboard on.
The best way to celebrate it is for Warner Bros. to allow a certain label to release the flippin' music finally!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Awww, we forgot about the anniversary! I feel terrible! :(

..I think I'm the only one that liked it, and still do....

Both one of my favorite comedies and one of my favorite Batman flicks.

Coming soon to the site is an article I wrote about the secret greatness Schumacher's films possess. You'll get my full feelings on it then.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Yep Doc, sorry for the delay. I will have it up as soon as I can!

since I created the topic I'll give my 2 cents;

It was the first batman film i saw in theatres (age 14). I didn't hate it at the time but thought it was over the top. Even then I remarked how un-gritty (is that a word?) it had come since the fairly realistic original Batman. I did like Clooney as Bruce Wayne and still do, we all know he mailed it in as Batman. Now of course at that age I didnt get the obvious homosexual innuendos Schumacher put in.

15 years later I look at it as Shumacher simply getting it wrong. There were decent elements in there; Alfred getting sick, the partnership crisis. Sadly they got buried by everything else he got wrong.

Wow. 15 years has passed since I drank alot of Pepsi at Taco Bell. Just goes to show that life can move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.  :(

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 26 Jul  2012, 01:27

Wow. 15 years has passed since I drank alot of Pepsi at Taco Bell. Just goes to show that life can move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.  :(

How did it get so late so soon? It's night instead of afternoon, winter's here instead of June, my goodness how the time has flewn! how did it get so late so soon? Dr. Seuss
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?