Cultural Allusions in Batman and Robin (1997)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sat, 1 Mar 2014, 21:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri, 11 Apr  2014, 20:27
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 11 Apr  2014, 20:05Also, you know what's missing from those pics you've posted?  Schwarzenegger and his taller twin, Danny DeVito.

;D

They could totally make that movie now with modern CGI.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Yes I've seen this Destroyer pics, great stuff, but Möller is definitely not THAT big! (according to imdb he's about 6'6" - the same with Michael Jordan - while Wilt Chamberlain is 7'1")

Speaking of height, this is from the same site, and shows Schwarzenegger and Stallone in their prime.

And there's Franco Columbu in the middle. He's only about 5'5 in real life, but he won several Mr Olympia and Mr Universe contests and was the Italian amateur boxing champion. He also played the future Terminator during Kyle's dream in the first Terminator movie.

But who'd win a fight: Franco Columbu vs. Lieutenant Frank Columbo?

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun, 13 Apr  2014, 22:32
And there's Franco Columbu in the middle. He's only about 5'5 in real life, but he won several Mr Olympia and Mr Universe contests and was the Italian amateur boxing champion. He also played the future Terminator during Kyle's dream in the first Terminator movie.

But who'd win a fight: Franco Columbu vs. Lieutenant Frank Columbo?

I feel silly for not mentioning Columbu - he was also a pictish scout in the opening sequence of Conan the Barbarian.

Quote from: Nycteris on Thu, 17 Apr  2014, 11:12
I feel silly for not mentioning Columbu - he was also a pictish scout in the opening sequence of Conan the Barbarian.

:o I've seen Conan the Barbarian many times, but I never realised Columbu was in it until now. I'll have to get out the DVD and try to spot him.

Another bit of trivia about that film is that Conan's father was played by William Smith, who also played a goon in the last ever episode of the Batman TV show.