Return to the Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam and Burt (2003)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sun, 29 Jan 2012, 18:58

Previous topic - Next topic
For any fans of the sixties Batman who haven't seen this yet, the entire movie is up on YouTube.

Didn't catch this when it originally aired on television, but back in the summer of 2005, I remember picking up a copy of the Batman Begins PS2 video game at a local K-Mart (the hook for buying the game was a free movie ticket to Batman Begins), and just happened to see the DVD of Return to the Batcave on the shelf. Sooo ... yeah. Just had to pick it up as well.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I bought the DVD cheap about three years ago. I think it was discontinued pretty quickly.

It's not a great movie by any means. But it has a certain cheerful charm to it.

I caught this on TV about 2 years ago, at around 4 o'clock in the morning. Given the time and setting, it was just perfect. A nice nostalgia trip for those involved, undoubtedly.

I watched this movie on DVD again earlier this week. It's strange to think it's now 18 year old. I remember when it was still relatively new. So much has changed since 2003, and the light-hearted treatment of the male cast members' womanising and groping seems very dated in the post-'Me Too' age. Not only would this movie never get made in 2021, it likely wouldn't even get repeated.

I still think it's a fun film though. It's nice seeing the old cast members reunited, and the flashbacks depicting the making of the original series are great. It's just a shame Yvonne Craig didn't make an appearance.

It looks like the video I posted back in 2012 has been taken down, so here's another version for anyone who still hasn't seen it.