So I'm watching "The Saint"

Started by phantom stranger, Tue, 15 Jun 2010, 02:19

Previous topic - Next topic
Tue, 15 Jun 2010, 02:19 Last Edit: Tue, 15 Jun 2010, 03:23 by phantom stranger
And I came to the conclusion that Kilmer makes for a better Bruce Wayne/Batman in this movie than he did in Batman Forever. I don't think he really knew what to do with BF. He was just mimicking Keaton as best he could.

But in "The Saint" he creates an intriguing character, one that can charm a woman's pants off (literally), jump from rooftops, and defeat the forces of evil.

Even though he's a bad guy himself.

The chemistry between Shue and Kilmer is great and Val truly emotes as Simon Templar.

FYI, this is the film that prevented Kilmer from doing another Batman movie. It's a shame, because if that travesty had to happen (and it did) I'd rather it be with Kilmer than Clooney.  

Quote from: phantom stranger on Tue, 15 Jun  2010, 02:19
It's a shame, because if that travesty had to happen (and it did) I'd rather it be with Kilmer than Clooney.  

Yep.

Oh come on, the guy just walked in on Nicole Kidman wearing nothing but a blanket.  Considering the circumstances, I think that smile is justified.

Gotta be honest, I do love The Saint, great film, infact, and amazing film, but tbh, it just doesn't seem Bruce Wayne'ish to me