Titans (2018 TV series)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 12 Sep 2014, 00:30

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 12 Sep 2014, 00:30 Last Edit: Fri, 21 Jul 2017, 15:40 by Silver Nemesis
QuoteTNT is getting into the superhero game, as the cable channel and Warner Bros. are nearing a deal on a pilot production order for "Titans," a one-hour live-action drama based on younger characters in the WB-owned DC Comics universe.

Focusing on known names (at least to comicbook fans), the show would center on Dick Grayson, the former Robin who emerges from Batman's shadow to become Nightwing and the leader of a fearless band of heroes who include Starfire and Raven. Scribes Akiva Goldsman ("Batman Forever") and Marc Haimes ("The Last Word") will serve as exec producer and co-exec producer, respectively, with Warner Horizon Television producing.
http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/titans-dick-grayson-nighwing-tnt-1201303968/

And yes, that's the same Akiva Goldsman who wrote Batman and Robin (1997).  ;D

Didn't Goldsman win an Academy Award? Not for the Batman films though.

I've always liked Teen Titans, the 2003 animated show. The new one is far too comedic.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Thu,  2 Oct  2014, 18:25
Didn't Goldsman win an Academy Award? Not for the Batman films though.

He did indeed. In fairness to him, he has written some solid screenplays.

The series has been cancelled :-/

Personally, I think this would've made more sense as a CW spinoff of Arrow than The Flash, considering that they've used a ton of Titans characters already: Roy Harper, Slade Wilson, Wintergreen, Brother Blood, HIVE, and Damien Darkh. This could've helped develop Roy's character as well as shown us more of Slade's family, which was alluded to in Arrow.

Still, not complaining about having The Flash and Legends. I'm also not sure how I'd feel about an Akiva Goldsman-written superhero property again. It seems like a no-brainer for TNT to try to get their own superhero property, so I think the script must've been really weak for them to decide to say no.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Looks like this is happening. Work has already begun.

https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/888288996744351744/photo/1

It's going to air on DC's own streaming service instead of TNT. The series is now called Titans (I've edited the thread title) and is going to be 13 episodes long like Marvel's Netflix shows.

Hm. I wonder if they'll tie this in with the DCEU. I'm betting they won't since, y'know, Robin.

I'm also guessing this won't be spunoff from the Arrowverse either. Since, y'know, Wally.

So I guess this will be its own thing. I've been on this bandwagon for a while now. I've been a cheerleader for a Jack Knight Starman TV series (because seriously how awesome would that be?), Infinity, Inc show or even Legion of Superheroes show. I maintain Infinity, Inc is a gold ticket for micro-programming. But nobody cares what I think.

Anyway, whatever. This is good news too, I suppose.

Australian actor Brenton Thwaites has been cast as Dick Grayson:

Quote"Dick Grayson is one of the most important and iconic heroes in the DC universe, and it wasn't easy to find him but we have," Johns said in a statement. "Brenton has the emotional depth, heart, danger and physical presence of Batman's former protege and the Titans future leader. We're extremely lucky he's chosen to bring his talents to this project and this character."
https://tvline.com/2017/08/31/titans-brenton-thwaites-robin-cast-dick-grayson/

Here's the first image of Brenton Thwaites in the Robin costume.

I really like that costume. It's basically my ideal aesthetic for the live action character - the classic suit and colors translated.