Justice League Promotion

Started by The Joker, Fri, 24 Mar 2017, 19:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Not sure if this has anything to do with anything but I took some kiddos to Toys R Us this evening and they had ton of cool JL stuff, including one of the tall figures (like 2 feet or whatever) of Superman in a black costume with red eyes. Ugh if he comes back evil I swear....but the black costume was pretty sweet. I read the package to try to see if there were any spoilers but it was a generic Superman bio. And it may be nothing but an alternate look with the red eyes to signify his heat vision, idk. But yeah, if we spent all of BvS trying to prove (to Batman) that he's good and then turn around and make him bad if even temporarily, that'd be kind of stupid. Actually very stupid because it would break Batman's new trust and prove he was right all along and he wouldn't stop until Supes was dead, Martha or no Martha.

And yes I know in the comic he had the black costume when he came back to life so it makes sense but I can't shake the worry that they're going to f*** up by making him bad for a little bit and make the League try to defeat him and save him. Which sounds compelling if what I said above didn't happen in BvS.

Don't worry, that's just Zombie-Sups. He's hungry for Brainiac.

I giggled at that a lot harder than I should have.

Yeah given the stakes the JLA is up against, they'd be toast if Supes was against them.

Also as reported on the site, Man of Steel 2 is supposed to be a lighter version of Superman so I can't imagine he'll be evil in that film.

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 19 Sep  2017, 01:51
Not sure if this has anything to do with anything but I took some kiddos to Toys R Us this evening and they had ton of cool JL stuff, including one of the tall figures (like 2 feet or whatever) of Superman in a black costume with red eyes. Ugh if he comes back evil I swear....but the black costume was pretty sweet. I read the package to try to see if there were any spoilers but it was a generic Superman bio. And it may be nothing but an alternate look with the red eyes to signify his heat vision, idk. But yeah, if we spent all of BvS trying to prove (to Batman) that he's good and then turn around and make him bad if even temporarily, that'd be kind of stupid. Actually very stupid because it would break Batman's new trust and prove he was right all along and he wouldn't stop until Supes was dead, Martha or no Martha.

I wouldn't read into it too much. Action figure lines always had figurines with features that never appeared in the movies. There was an action figure box set for BvS which included Bats, Supes and Lex Luthor wearing armor similar to the Post-Crisis era. As everybody here knows, Lex never wore any battle armor in BvS.

But for argument's sake, let's say that Superman does return evil for a brief period. Maybe a good way to solve this is Batman, fully regained with hope, trusts Superman in doing the right thing and beat whatever is brainwashing him. A similar idea happened in Justice League: War, when Superman was being brainwashed by Desaad while Darkseid was trying conquer the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxp79tgI9sA

Of course, you don't really see him come to his senses in that clip, he's back to normal when we see him towards the end. Then again, as I still believe, I don't think he'll come back as evil in JL.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I'm hoping we see the black suit, but I'm not sure if we will. And that's a good thing. Superman is an unknown entity in this film. We only know he's going to appear in some fashion. I'm guessing the Codex will factor in somehow. It may be activated by Steppenwolf for his own purposes (supercharge himself or the Parademons to gain Kryptonain powers). Which leads Superman to wake up in a weakened state during this procedure.

What I'd like to see from Superman in JL:

Superman dreaming while in purgatory.
Superman waking up.
Superman reuniting with Lois and Martha Kent.
Superman kicking ass and helping to save the day.
Clark marrying Lois, or at least proposing.

If I even got a couple of those things I'd be satisfied. The waking up and kicking ass scenes are guaranteed. The rest is gravy.

I liked this fan art inspired by Alex Ross.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Wow I love that. The AR originals are gorgeous but these are pretty freaking sweet too.

I like the new character posters. They're better than the other JL character posters, and they match the BvS pop art style designs as well. I've merged them all together below. Batman and Aquaman are my favourites from these:

With these and the other JL posters, I'm satisfied.

The Alex Ross poster is #1, and one of the best comic book posters of all time in my opinion.
The JL shield poster is simple and effective, much like the B89 and BR logo posters. I don't have a problem with it.
I like the 'unite' design with the five heroes. I still have a nitpick about Batman's white chest logo, but that's about it.
And the 'Unite the League' poster has grown on me. I think it has pop to it.

All in all, I'm liking the promotion.