Wonder Woman (2017)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 25 Nov 2015, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Well, the Wonder Woman movie was released today on DVD/Blu Ray and there was no way I was not going to pick up the Target digibook version.

Considering how I've collected the digibook versions of Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and Suicide Squad, I had to keep the theme going.

Looks cool on a shelf anyways.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 20 Sep  2017, 04:15

Well, the Wonder Woman movie was released today on DVD/Blu Ray and there was no way I was not going to pick up the Target digibook version.

Considering how I've collected the digibook versions of Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and Suicide Squad, I had to keep the theme going.

Looks cool on a shelf anyways.

I hope you enjoy it, be sure to let us know your thoughts on the deleted scene. I don't own any of the movies in the DCEU set, with marvel I got the two MCU box sets they sold but I'm not sure if DC will end up doing the same since they aren't releasing their universe in phases. Maybe after the JLA if they release a box set I will look for it.

Quote from: The Joker on Sat, 26 Aug  2017, 15:21

Sounds like James Cameron being James Cameron. Jenkins' response was far more dignified.

I heard that Cameron has doubled down on his opinion that Diana in WW was a sex object. I don't get him. Now that I think about it, out of all the characters in WW, the only one who was objectified was Steve Trevor. Doesn't anybody else remember that awkward nude bath scene?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri,  1 Sep  2017, 01:50
I don't buy that smooth productions equal better films. Batman89 had Nicholson walking up the cathedral steps asking the filmmakers what they were doing. And they had to respond with "we're not sure". And from there, one of the best Batman sequences of all time was born.

Another recent example is Rogue One. That was reported to have lots of reshoots and massive changes, and it turned out, in my opinion, to be one of the best Star Wars films.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun,  1 Oct  2017, 02:56
I heard that Cameron has doubled down on his opinion that Diana in WW was a sex object. I don't get him. Now that I think about it, out of all the characters in WW, the only one who was objectified was Steve Trevor. Doesn't anybody else remember that awkward nude bath scene?
I'll be fair and say I appreciate Cameron's past films and I still enjoy them to this day. However I'm not a fan of Avatar at all, and I don't know why he's devoting the rest of his career to that universe. But anyway, that's his choice. I don't like Cameron's views though. Let's just say we wouldn't get along that well.

Quote from: riddler on Wed, 20 Sep  2017, 14:55
I hope you enjoy it, be sure to let us know your thoughts on the deleted scene.

The deleted scene with Etta Candy was alright. It's one of those things that, nowadays, feels like a very MCU thing to do when it comes to 'shared universes'. Personally, I'm kinda glad it was left out for those reasons, and just simply letting this film stand and breathe on it's own. The scene was neat, but at the same time, not really necessary either.

This girl appears to be about as close as you can get to Gal. Especially in cosplay. I mean, damn!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

DAMN! That's freaky. And hot as hell too lol.

She's not wearing anything in the right image. I hand painted the Wonder Woman outfit onto her skin.

I was standing in a crop - she appeared behind me and then took off her robe. To which I said "I take that as a yes".

Quote from: The Joker on Mon,  9 Oct  2017, 20:29
This girl appears to be about as close as you can get to Gal. Especially in cosplay. I mean, damn!

Alyson Tabbitha. I'll remember that name.  ;)

Now would be the good time to ask what's everybody's favourite scene in WW? The most popular answer might be the No Man's Land scene. But for me, it's when Diana is speaking in different languages to Sameer at the bar, and disarming that goon before throwing him across the room. Very ladylike.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Mine is where Diana and Steve dance and her wonder (pun intended) at the snow, right after she just finished kicking all kinds of ass. She goes from total badass to childlike innocence. Honorable mention: Etta trying to help her dress shop. Honorable mention two: the rest of the whole damn movie cause picking those was nearly impossible.

Oh, fav scene without Diana is Samir driving Steve and their ruse. I know, I know, it was a stereotypical charicature and all that but it was freaking hilarious too. Samir was my favorite of Steve's recruits (loved all 3 though).

By the way, speaking of hilarious, it's that time:

BLOOPERS!!!

She is so freaking adorable. Chris Pine nicknamed her "Giggles Gadot" and it's perfect.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 15 Oct  2017, 11:47
She is so freaking adorable.

She is that. And then some!